Category Archives :

  • June 29, 2017

    Five Key Questions to Ask When Hiring a Divorce Lawyer in Virginia

    Choosing a divorce or family law attorney can be a difficult undertaking. Depending on the complexity of the situation, it can be challenging for regular people to wade through the legal options and make the best choices for themselves. However, in general, when you’re meeting with an attorn...

  • January 11, 2017

    Hiding Assets in a Virginia Divorce is a Game No One Wins

    In anticipation of a divorce, most attorneys will advise their clients to gather financial documents and make a detailed list of their assets. Attorneys may even advise a client to secure up to 50% of the couple’s liquid assets (e.g., transferring money from a joint account to an individ...

  • June 20, 2014

    Custody Cases Involving Relocation

    For ease of reading, the party seeking the relocation is referred to as the “relocating parent” and the party opposing the relocation is referred to as the “other parent” With the number of people constantly moving in and out of the Northern Virginia area, it’s no wonder that relo...

  • February 4, 2013

    Division of Military Retired Pay in Virginia

    Divorce when one or both spouses are current or former members of the military can be quite a bit different than a civilian divorce. One of the main differences is the existence of a servicemember’s military retired pay. Issues such as the logistics of dividing the retired pay, the impact of...

  • October 25, 2012

    “What About My Engagement Ring?” Issues of Personal Property Division in Divorce

    Engagement rings are a good example of how personal property issues can sometimes become quite complicated in a divorce. Virginia Engagement Ring Law History Long, long ago (okay, back in 1941), the Virginia Supreme Court looked at the issue of “who gets the ring” and found that a husban...

Get in touch with us

Schedule a consultation with one of our experienced lawyers today by filling out the form below, or call us at (571) 328-5020.