Howard County Divorce Lawyer
The family courts in Howard County hear many types of cases relating to marriage, divorce, children, and other family-related issues. Whether you are separating from your spouse or facing a child support matter, you should always have help from a skilled legal professional with extensive experience in divorce and family law.
At Curran Moher Weis, our legal team has been representing clients in family court for decades. We handle family and divorce-related cases in Howard County and throughout the state of Maryland, as well as the Commonwealth of Virginia and Washington, D.C.
If you have any type of family-related legal concern, contact our firm directly to set up a consultation today.
A Trustable Divorce Attorney
Getting divorced is never easy, and the process can have serious emotional and financial effects on your life. The last thing you should try to do is tackle the legal process alone. Doing so risks a less favorable outcome than you deserve, as well as a potentially prolonged process due to preventable errors and delays.
Instead, you want a skilled Howard County divorce lawyer handling every step of the process, including ensuring you meet all the requirements for a divorce case in Maryland and resolving all relevant issues, such as property division, child custody, child support, and spousal support.
Our attorneys handle all types of divorce cases, including the following:
- Uncontested divorce – Even spouses who agree on all major issues need to have legal guidance and representation to complete the divorce process successfully.
- Contested divorce – If you cannot agree on one or more issues, you will have a contested divorce. We find the best path to resolve any contested matters as efficiently as possible.
- Divorce mediation – Mediation helps many spouses agree on unresolved issues in a divorce. You want to have our attorneys representing and advising you before you sign a mediation agreement.
- Divorce litigation – If you cannot resolve everything through negotiation or mediation, one or more issues might need to be litigated in court. Our attorneys regularly represent our clients’ interests at trial in family court.
- Collaborative divorce – Some spouses formally agree from the start to keep their divorce out of court. This involves each spouse and their respective attorneys signing an agreement and collaborating to resolve the case. We are skilled in the collaborative divorce process, which can be beneficial for everyone.
- Military divorce – Divorces involving one or more military members can have additional complications. We know the ins and outs of military divorce cases and can protect your rights.
- High net worth divorce – When spouses have significant wealth, financial issues become more complex. We know how to address the distribution of pensions, business interests, and other complex assets in a divorce. Alimony is also common in such divorce cases.
Speak with our team about your situation and what you might expect from the divorce process.
Dedicated Family Lawyers Serving in Howard County
You can face many family law issues outside of divorce. Unmarried parents who are not living together need to have formal custody and support arrangements. There also might come a time when they need to modify those arrangements, and this must occur through the courts. Even engaged couples who are excited about getting married can benefit from having a prenuptial agreement in place, and you always want a family law attorney to draft this agreement for you.
At Curran Moher Weis, we take on many different types of family law matters, both in and out of court. Some common cases we handle include:
- Child custody and visitation
- Child support
- International family law and custody
- Domestic violence
- Post-judgment modification and enforcement
- Prenuptial agreements
Learn more about our family law services and how we can help you.
Discuss Your Concerns with Our Howard County Divorce Lawyer Today
When you have an upcoming divorce or family law case in Howard County, look no further than the respected family law & divorce firm of Curran Moher Weis. Whether you need a marital agreement drafted or have a highly contentious divorce that requires litigation, our skilled lawyers can assist you. Please do not wait to contact us so we can learn more about your case, and you can get more information about our dedicated legal team.