What should I look for in a divorce attorney?
Finding legal counsel when beginning the process of divorce is much easier when you know what to look for. In your search, you should be searching for an attorney who:
- Dedicates all or a significant portion of his or her practice to family law.
- Has extensive experience, both in and out of court, with divorce and related family law issues
- Has a proven track record
- Is familiar with the court system in your jurisdiction
- Maintains a support team of paralegals and/or legal assistants
- You feel comfortable working with.
- Listens to your concerns, communicates clearly, and answers all your questions to your satisfaction
- Runs an organized and professional office